Join Our TeaM!
Habitat for Humanity of Spartanburg, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is an affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International and has been building and renovating homes Spartanburg County since 1987. At present, our 126th home is under construction in the Drayton Mill community, where homes are being built and renovated in an established neighborhood between Drayton Mill and Mary Black Hospital. Habitat seeks to identify families living in substandard rental housing who are hard working, financially stable, and willing to partner with Habitat, to offer a hand up into a safe, affordable, and energy efficient home.
Summary of the Construction Supervisor position:
· Habitat for Humanity of Spartanburg is a non-profit housing ministry that builds houses in partnership with the community using volunteer labor including the homeowner family.
· The Construction Supervisor position requires skills in all phases of residential construction and local code requirements, a dedication to safety, and a commitment to the mission and purpose of Habitat for Humanity of Spartanburg.
· The Construction Supervisor must be able to instruct volunteers, construction staff and homeowners with attention to safety, quality, and site responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills and Physical Requirements:
· Minimum of 5 years of residential construction experience – a Builder’s license is desired but not required
· Training in Energy Star and environmentally friendly design practices desired
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety manuals, operating guides, procedure manuals and house construction plans.
· Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
· Frequently exposed to outside weather conditions, including seasonal extremes
· Must have a valid driver’s license
This position is Full Time (40 hrs./wk.) Tuesday through Saturday and reports to the Executive Director.
Benefits: Vacations, holidays, and benefits as described in the Employee Handbook.
To Apply: Send resume, salary requirements, cover letter, and 3 references to: Director, Habitat for Humanity, 2270 S Pine Street, Spartanburg, SC 29302 or by e-mail to email@example.com. Minorities and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or disability.