Position Announcement: restore sales associate
Summary: The Habitat ReStore is the retail branch of Habitat for Humanity of Spartanburg with a mission of generating revenue through the sale of donated building materials and household items. Revenue generated supports the operating budget of Habitat for Humanity of Spartanburg. The ReStore provides low-cost household and home improvement items to the customer and increases Habitat’s visibility in our community.
The Sales Associate is the first line contact with the customer and is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service, generating sales, and safeguarding assets.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining general knowledge of in-stock items and assisting with sales
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, and housekeeping
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise
- Aid customers in locating merchandise
- Communicate customers requests to management
- Assist in ringing up sales and/or bagging merchandise
- Answer telephone calls, providing appropriate answers
- Schedule merchandise pickups and record necessary information
- Accept donations from walk-in donors and if requested, provide donation receipt.
- Open the store for business, including functions relating to the cash register
- Close the store at the end of the business day in partnership with the ReStore Manager or Assistant Manager, including counting, balancing, and securing the cash receipts for the day.
- Any other tasks as assigned from time to time by the ReStore Manager or Executive Director
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including weekends and holidays as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Physical Requirements:
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job
- Ability to communicate with associates and customers
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation
- Physically able to stand for extended periods, and to move and handle merchandise, which entails lifting
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
This job description covers the primary tasks of the job. Other tasks may be assigned, by the ReStore Manager, as necessary, according to organizational needs.
TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB, PLEASE VISIT THE RESTORE, 2270 S. PINE ST., AND ASK FOR MANAGER JOE WALKER.
Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or disability.