Critical Home Repair Program
Habitat Spartanburg helps homeowners in Spartanburg County maintain their homes as safe, decent, and affordable places to live by offering critical home repairs at a fraction of the actual cost.
Habitat Spartanburg is prioritizing applications from homeowners in the Highlands, Northside, Spartanburg Regional and South Converse neighborhoods, and applications from veterans living anywhere in Spartanburg County
NEED FOR ASSISTANCE
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Have a home in Spartanburg County.
- Have owned and livined in your current home for at least two years
- Need exterior critical home repairs, such as
- Repair or replacement of siding or roofing
- Installation or repair of handicap-accessible roof
- Installation or repair of safety railings on porch, ramp, etc.
- Other exterior repairs or improvements
ABILITY TO PAY
- Current on all payments due for housing, such as mortgage or taxes
- Willing to make a one-time payment to cover 10 percent of repair costs
WILLINGNESS TO PARTNER
- Willing to maintain a law-abiding household
- Willing to maintain a safe environment for repair work
- Willing to complete requirements in a timely, honest manner
- Willing to learn about home maintenance during the repair process
- Willing to share experience through conversations, events and media
NOTE: Mobile and manufactured homes DO NOT qualify for services. If you own a mobile or manufactured home, please consider our Homeownership Program has an alternative.
How long is the process?
Habitat Spartanburg currently estimates the application and repair processes may take up to six months to complete. The exact timing may vary, depending on how quickly you submit all required paperwork, the urgency of your need, and where we are in the regular construction schedule.
How can someone get started?
Download the application for the Critical Home Repair Program below. Once you complete the application in full and obtain ALL of the required documents, you may submit it by one of the following methods:
- Mail: You may mail your application and copies of the required documents to ATTN: Family Services, 2270 S. Pine St., Spartanburg, S.C. 29302.
- Drop-Off: You may drop off your application and copies of the required documents at our office (2270 S. Pine St., Spartanburg, S.C. 29302) any time that we are open.
- Appointment: If you need us to make copies of the documents for you, please call our Family Services Coordinator at (864) 279-7875.
Critical Home Repair Program Application
If you have additional questions, call our Family Services Coordinator at 864.279-7875.